Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sonnet #29

"The World's Sweet Beauty!"

The World's sweet beauty lives behind my eyes!
It burns there every time the clouds appear
As shapes, and every time I recognize
A tender whispered word has rung sincere,

And every time pure human kindness flows
Without beseeching interest, and each
And every time a patient mother knows
Her child is safe and warm, though out of reach,

And when my body moves through space and time
Without actually moving, and when we,
All tiny turtle hatchlings, make our way
Steadfastly, mightily!, toward the sea.

Its omnipresent truth wears no disguise!
The World's sweet beauty lives behind our eyes!

--------------------------------------------------------
Okay, I know. Yet another post after midnight. Again, it was worth it, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if none of you are! Thanks for understanding.

No comments: